Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Beginning Again

It has been awhile since I have blogged. A long while. A lot has happened in my life since the last time I tried and while I wish I could say that everything is neat and tidy and things are going well, that would be a lie. My life is a mess and I am working on getting it sorted out.
So what are my intentions with this blog going forward? Well, I'm not 100% sure myself but I want to avoid complaining about the biggest source of contention and turmoil in my life. I don't want this to be a place where I complain constantly. However, I also don't want to make it seem like everything is rosy and great, because it's not. I want this to be honest and I do want to focus on those things in my life that bring me joy.
That leaves the question of what things will I be blogging about (bear with me as this post is probably more for me than anyone reading now.)
1. My Children - My two children are the greatest source of joy in my life and much of my life revolves around them and their doings.  And for anyone who has read my blog in the past you probably know that my five year old son is quite an amusing little fellow and that has certainly not changed.
2. My Dog - I am the proud owner of a handsome three and half year old Rhodesian Ridgeback, Flint.  He is my second Ridgeback and another source of great joy and companionship in my life.  Some of you will remember my first and faithful friend, Riley.  Flint is proving to be a very fitting follow-up to my beloved Riley.
3. Running - Running is one of my sources of release.  It's been a struggle in recent months to keep things up with some of my health issues but I have picked it back up again and am charging forward with it.  I'm slower and have to walk now but I still have not abandoned my goal of completing a full marathon.  It has just been postponed.
4. Cooking - I love to cook and get great joy out of preparing home cooked meals for my family.  I love to try new recipes and nothing is more satisfying that serving up a tasty meal.
5. My parents - In particular my dad.  He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in January of this year and it has been quite a ride with him and undergoing treatment and recently surgery.
6. My Faith Journey - Please don't think this means I will post religious tirades because I won't.  For several years I have been struggling with my call and I'm working on discerning this.  But my faith and my relationship with my church are sources of great joy and strength for me.
7. Books - I love to read and am an avid reader. I'd like to share more of my thoughts and opinions on some of the books that I read. My tastes are wide ranging and being a member of a book club now I get my hands on some stuff I would not necessarily pick up.
8. Knitting - This is a new hobby for me that I picked up in January with my dad's cancer diagnosis.  I taught myself via various YouTube videos and it now supplies for me an important hobby and stress reliever.
I do hope that I can be more consistent with posting. I have found I have missed having an outlet for my thoughts on the events of my life. As I said before, I will try to steer clear of the issues that cause contention with me or make it sound like I am complaining. You won't see me post much about my husband and that fragmented and broken relationship because I have to deal with it everyday and I don't want that pain to be out where the world to see. You also won't see me post on politics because I have no wish to polarize or create tension with readers.
I hope to embark on this as a positive and honest journey and anyone else who might want to come along for the ride is welcome to join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment